Apache Ignite exposes metrics in JMX and OpenCensus formats, making it possible to monitor the clusters using a broad range of tools, including Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, and AppDynamics.
Besides, below is a list of tools developed specifically for Ignite clusters' management and monitoring:
Apache Ignite officially supports the following command-line tools to manage and monitor the cluster:
- Visor Command Line tool - provides basic statistics about cluster nodes, caches, and compute tasks. It also lets you manage the size of your cluster by starting or stopping nodes.
- Control Script - an advanced command-line utility that can change the baseline topology, activate and deactivate the cluster, perform consistency checks of your data and indexes, detect long-running or hanging transactions.
GridGain Control Center is a management and monitoring tool for Apache Ignite that supports the following:
- Monitor the state of the cluster with customizable dashboards.
- Define custom alerts to track and react on over 200 cluster, node, and storage metrics.
- Execute and optimize SQL queries as well as monitor already running commands.
- Perform OpenCensus-based root cause analysis with visual debugging of API calls as they execute on nodes across the cluster.
- Take full, incremental, and continuous cluster backups to enable disaster recovery in the event of data loss or corruption.
Datadog is a general-purpose monitoring service that integrates natively with Apache Ignite to provide the following capabilities:
- Collect and visualize metrics for your Ignite nodes through an out-of-the-box dashboard.
- Track cluster-wide memory usage, including detailed garbage collection activity.
- Use the built-in health check for Ignite to create an alert to notify you about the "node goes offline" events.
Zabbix is an open-source monitoring software tool for diverse IT components, including networks, servers, virtual machines and cloud services. Zabbix provides monitoring metrics, among others network utilization, CPU load and disk space consumption.
- Official JMX Template for Apache Ignite computing platform. This template is based on the original template developed by Igor Akkuratov, Senior Engineer at GridGain Systems and Apache Ignite Contributor.
- For Zabbix version: 5.4 and higher
- This template works with standalone and cluster instances. Metrics are collected by JMX. All metrics are discoverable.